Aerohive simplifies enterprise networking by reducing the cost and complexity of today's networks.
Aerohive Networks Provides Reliable Wi-Fi to Help Septodont Get its Teeth into Global ERP Deployment
Sunnyvale, Calif. — September 27, 2011 — Aerohive Networks, the pioneer in controller-less Wi-Fi and cloud-enabled networking, and ICT solutions provider Corail Systems, have been selected by French pharmaceutical company Septodont to provide its business critical Wi-Fi infrastructure. The decision was made as part of a strategic project to roll out a new global ERP system, incorporating barcode terminals and readers for real-time data entry across Septodont’s 10 manufacturing and distribution facilities located throughout Europe and North America.
Aerohive’s WLAN solution will deliver robust and reliable connectivity between the hand-held barcode devices and terminals. To date, deployments have been rolled out in France, UK and Canada, with the remaining sites due to be completed by the end of 2012.
- With revenues of $200m and employing 1,200 staff across 10 sites, Septodont is a leader in its field. To stay ahead in the highly competitive pharmaceutical market access to real-time information and data is crucial in making effective business decisions. Choosing the right WLAN solution was critical to ensure connectivity between the barcode devices and the ERP system.
- Having researched the market, Septodont chose Aerohive for its superior technology and ability to support a multi-site environment.
- Aerohive is being deployed to support a strategic implementation of a new ERP system across 10 sites globally and provide resilient Wi-Fi connectivity between hand-held barcode devices and terminals for real-time data entry
Aerohive was chosen due to the following:
- Advanced technical features
- Resilience and reliability – no single point of failure
- Excellent pre-sales technical demonstration and support
- Rapid provisioning and deployment times, often taking one engineer just one day to provision in a new site
- Simplicity and usability of HiveManager network management system (NMS)
- Competitive pricing and lower cost of ownership.
- To date Aerohive has been deployed in sites across France, the UK and at its facility in Ontario, Canada. Aerohive’s HiveManager NMS has been deployed at its French headquarters and Canadian facility to provide management capabilities across the infrastructure. The remaining sites will be deployed over the coming 18 months.
- Septodont is also using Aerohive’s Wi-Fi solution to provide connectivity to enable its laptop users to gain access to general business applications such as email, Internet and other services. There are currently 500 users accessing the network which will increase to 800 when the project is complete.
- To read the full Septodont case study, please visit http://www.aerohive.com/resources/septodont-incorporated
“Deploying the new ERP system was a strategic decision for us and critical to our continued growth and success in the market,” commented Stephane Leuvrey, Corporate IT Director at Septodont.
“Choosing the right WLAN partner to support this decision was imperative and, after a thorough and detailed evaluation process, Aerohive’s solution stood alone as the only technology that could meet our rigorous requirements. Its advanced technical features combined with ease of use management capabilities ensures that we have a technically resilient and reliable infrastructure that can be scaled, configured, provisioned and managed simply and expediently resulting in lower cost of ownership.”
About Aerohive Networks
Aerohive Networks reduces the cost and complexity of today’s networks with cloud-enabled, distributed Wi-Fi and routing solutions for enterprises and medium sized companies including branch offices and teleworkers. Aerohive’s award-winning cooperative control Wi-Fi architecture, public or private cloud-enabled network management, routing and VPN solutions eliminate costly controllers and single points of failure. This gives its customers mission critical reliability with granular security and policy enforcement and the ability to start small and expand without limitations. Aerohive was founded in 2006 and is headquartered in Sunnyvale, Calif. The company's investors include Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Northern Light Venture Capital and New Enterprise Associates, Inc. (NEA). For more information, please visit www.aerohive.com, call us at 408-510-6100, follow us on Twitter @Aerohive, subscribe to our blog or become a fan on our Facebook page.