Aerohive simplifies enterprise networking by reducing the cost and complexity of today's networks.
Aerohive Networks Gains Tremendous Momentum in 2010 with its Controller-less WLAN Solution
Key Accomplishments Include More Funding, Unique New Product Introductions, Major Customer Wins, Strategic New Hires and Nearly 3X Growth
SUNNYVALE, Calif., December 13, 2010 - Aerohive Networks, creators of the award-winning cooperative control wireless LAN (WLAN) architecture, today announced its year in review for 2010. Among the many accomplishments this year including more funding, new products, large customer wins and key new hires, Aerohive was also positioned by Gartner as a "visionary" in the wireless infrastructure Magic Quadrant for its unique WLAN Service Level Assurance (SLA) Compliance capability.
Rapid growth and customer acquisition
- Over 1000 total customers
- Nearly 3X growth in sales over 2009
New Funding in 2010
- March 22, 2010 - Aerohive secured $23.5 million in Series C equity funding. The round included participation from new and existing Aerohive investors. To date, Aerohive has raised $47.5 million in venture capital funding.
New Products Launched in 2010
- February 16, 2010 - Aerohive released the HiveAP 110, a cost-effective single radio dual-band 802.11n access point, which provides a more cost effective 802.11n solution for environments that do not require dual radio support, such as small retail and hospitality environments, telecommuters and micro branch locations.
- June 29, 2010 - Aerohive released a new version of its free Online Wi-Fi Planner Web Application. The new version of the Wi-Fi planning application adds key features that will enable enterprises and organizations of all sizes to quickly and easily plan their Wi-Fi deployments and more accurately determine the number of access points (AP) they will require.
July 27, 2010 - Aerohive released significant enhancements to its Hive AP Operating System (HiveOS) and HiveManager Network Management System:
- Introduced a unique Wi-Fi Client Health Score functionality that provides easy "at a glance" visibility into the status or health of clients connected to the Wi-Fi network. It replaces the complex mass of client statistics typically provided by WLAN vendors with an intuitive green, yellow or red aggregate representation, substantially demystifying Wi-Fi trouble shooting and reducing the management burden associated with supporting a wireless infrastructure.
- Introduced another industry first, a WLAN administration application called TeacherView, designed to reduce the burden on teachers utilizing Wi-Fi in their classroom. The easy to use TeacherView interface empowers teachers, giving them the ability to monitor client connection health and student web browsing and also to control network usage by dynamically changing students' network access policy or even redirect all clients to a web site of their choice.
- Extended Aerohive's industry first, WLAN Service Level Assurance (SLA) capability. Combining Client Health Score with SLA delivers real-time monitoring of every Wi-Fi client in the network to a single dashboard capable of viewing tens of thousands of clients simultaneously. In addition, SLA features policy-based remediation that automatically addresses many client health issues without any administrator intervention.
New Major Customer Wins in 2010
- NHS Lincolnshire, a Primary Care Trust responsible for improving health and commissioning health services across the country
- The College of William & Mary, the second oldest college in America
- Broomfield Hospital, part of Mid Essex Hospital Services NHS Trust
- Framingham Public School District, an 8,300-student and faculty school system in Massachusetts
- LaVie Administrative Services, a provider of outsourced IT solutions to over one hundred long-term and post-acute care customers throughout the U.S.
- Scottish Midland Co-operative Society (Scotmid Co-op), one of Scotland's largest independent food, health and beauty retailers
- NHS Newham, which is responsible for the entire health budget of the London Borough of Newham
- Horry County Schools, the third largest school district in South Carolina serving more than 38,000 students
- Appleton Area School District (AASD), AASD is located in Wisconsin and serves more than 15,000 students
- East Brunswick School District (EBSD), located in central New Jersey
- Pender County School District, is located in North Carolina and serves more than 8,400 students
- Antwerp University Hospital, one of Belgium's leading hospitals providing care to over 180,000 patients per year
- National Autonomous University of Mexico (UNAM), one of the largest one-campus universities in the Americas
Key new Hires in 2010
- Author of 802.11 Wireless Networks: The Definitive Guide Named Aerohive's Director of Product Management
- Joins Aerohive to Lead Channel Sales in the Americas
Dr. Lin Jiang
- Experienced Technology Executive brings WebEx operations experience to Aerohive to Lead HiveManager Online SaaS operations and Customer Support
- David Coleman
Continued European expansion
- Martin Scheller has joined as Sales Director of Germany
- Benoit Mangin has joined as Sales Director of Southern Europe
- Matthew Gast
New Honors in 2010
- Aerohive positioned by Gartner, Inc. in the "Visionaries" quadrant of the 2010 Magic Quadrant for Wireless LAN Infrastructure (Global), (1)
- Aerohive Named "Cool Vendor" by Gartner, Inc.
- Channel Web Named Aerohive one of top 10 Networking Companies with IPO Potential
"This has been a breakout year for Aerohive, which has grown substantially faster than the market, delivering tremendous customer value and continuing to innovate on top of our intelligent distributed WLAN architecture," said David Flynn, CEO, Aerohive Networks. "At a time when other vendors are being forced to announce major revisions to their architectures - to attempt to deliver the performance, reliability and cost required by a pervasive mission-critical, 802.11n network - Aerohive is able to focus on the future. Our priority is to help solve tomorrow's customers' issues by managing the enterprise Wi-Fi client explosion, delivering determinism to Wi-Fi and reducing the management burden on IT departments and administrators."
About Aerohive Networks
Aerohive unleashes the potential of enterprise Wi-Fi, enabling customers to stop buying copper, to move applications to the air, and to maximize workforce productivity. The company's award-winning cooperative architecture eliminates costly controllers, saving money and providing unprecedented resiliency, up to 10X better application performance, and an opportunity to start small and expand without limitations. Aerohive was founded in 2006 and is headquartered in Sunnyvale, Calif. The company's investors include Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, Lightspeed Venture Partners, and Northern Light Venture Capital. For more information, please visit www.aerohive.com, call us at 408-510-6100 or follow us on Twitter @Aerohive, subscribe to our blog or become a fan on our Facebook page.
(1) Gartner "Magic Quadrant for Wireless LAN Infrastructure (Global), 2010" by Timothy Zimmerman and Michael King, February 12, 2010.