Aerohive simplifies enterprise networking by reducing the cost and complexity of today's networks.
Aerohive's Director of Product Management and Author of the 802.11 Wireless Networks Definitive Guide to Present at IP Expo, UK
- Who: Matthew Gast, Aerohive's Director of Product Management, author of 802.11Wireless Networks: The Definitive Guide and voting member of the IEEE 802.11 working group.
- What: "Planning for the Future of Enterprise Wi-Fi"
- When: Wednesday 20th October, 10:30 - 11:00am
- Where: IP Expo, Wireless & Campus Networks Theatre
Speaker Abstract: The capital cost and productivity advantages of Wi-Fi over cabling every cube, and the substantial performance improvements of 802.11n over previous generations of Wi-Fi, make 802.11n WLANs the primary user network connection in tomorrow's enterprise. Learn why this is the case and the implications for your network. This session will address these important topics and more, including:
- Drivers for mission-critical Wi-Fi
- Economics of 802.11n Wi-Fi, including capital and operational costs
- Performance, reliability and security considerations of Wi-Fi as the primary network connection
- Simplifying the deployment and management of an 802.11n WLAN
"The ratification of 802.11n brought performance parity between existing edge networks and Wi-Fi," said Matthew Gast, director of product management, Aerohive Networks. "This session will seek to dismiss the misconceptions that the capital cost and operational overhead of wireless networks remain a barrier to enterprise adoption, and outline instead a compelling economic case for wireless over wired, for immediate and future deployments of 802.11."
About Aerohive Networks
Aerohive unleashes the potential of enterprise Wi-Fi, enabling customers to stop buying copper, to move applications to the air, and to maximize workforce productivity. The company's award-winning cooperative architecture eliminates costly controllers, saving money and providing unprecedented resiliency, up to 10X better application performance, and an opportunity to start small and expand without limitations. Aerohive was founded in 2006 and is headquartered in Sunnyvale, Calif. The company's investors include Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, Lightspeed Venture Partners, and Northern Light Venture Capital. For more information, please visit www.aerohive.com, call us at 408-510-6100 or follow us on Twitter @Aerohive.