Aerohive simplifies enterprise networking by reducing the cost and complexity of today's networks.
Union School District Upgrades to Aerohive Networks to Support Mobile Devices in the Classroom
Aerohive's Mesh Capability Used to Connect Portable Classrooms with No Additional Costs
SUNNYVALE, Calif., May 3, 2011 - Aerohive Networks, the pioneer in controller-less Wi-Fi and cloud-enabled networking, today announced that Union School District, located in San Jose, CA, has upgraded their consumer-grade wireless solution to an all Aerohive 802.11n wireless network.
- Union School District is nearing completion of its Aerohive WLAN deployment that will span nine locations In total, 4,800 students and 400 staff will be accessing the internet from classrooms, media centers, libraries, dedicated labs and administrative offices.
- Union School District upgraded its previous consumer grade wireless solution to a much more robust enterprise-class solution from Aerohive in order to meet its student and teacher demands for mobility.
- Union School District also uses the inherentfor its portable classrooms solving the connectivity problems at no additional cost.
- As with any organization, security is extremely important to Union School District. Union School District has deployed Aerohive HiveManager Network Management System (NMS)for easier troubleshooting and strong security. Prior to Aerohive, the district had almost no way of keeping its wireless network secure due to its old, non enterprise-class APs.
- With Aerohive’s HiveManager NMS, Union’s staff is now able to see who is connecting to the WLAN at any given moment, and can easily see if there are any rogue APs that need to be shut down.
- To read the full Union School District case study, please visit http://aerohive.com/resources/union-school-district.
"As soon as we learned of Aerohive and its controller-less architecture, we were hooked," said Alan Fillmore, Director of Technology, for Union School District. "For the price and distributed, controller-less model, we felt it was a better fit for our needs."
"The results of Union School District’s Aerohive deployment have been immediate," said Fillmore. "As far as the teachers, instruction is easier and faster. Also, the labs are able to handle 30-plus computers simultaneously in comparison to bygone days when the system maxed out at 10 to 12 clients."
About Aerohive Networks
Aerohive unleashes the potential of enterprise Wi-Fi, enabling customers to stop buying copper, to move applications to the air, and to maximize workforce productivity. The company's award-winning cooperative architecture and cloud-based network management eliminate costly controllers, saves money and provides unprecedented resiliency, up to 10X better application performance, and an opportunity to start small and expand without limitations. Aerohive was founded in 2006 and is headquartered in Sunnyvale, Calif. The company's investors include Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, Lightspeed Venture Partners, and Northern Light Venture Capital. For more information, please visit www.aerohive.com, call us at 408-510-6100, follow us on Twitter @Aerohive, subscribe to our blog or become a fan on our Facebook page.