Aerohive simplifies enterprise networking by reducing the cost and complexity of today's networks.
BR100 Branch Router
The Aerohive BR100 packs “work anywhere” mobility, enterprise routing, and security into one compact device.
Administrators need only set up a single configuration for remote devices via the familiar HiveManager interface; when the BR100 branch router is plugged in, it discovers the HiveManager automatically, and configuration is pushed to it. The BR100 enables administrators to run a thousand remote office VPNs as easily as a single location.
In addition to 802.11n WiFi, the BR100 supports multiple SSIDs and VLANs shared across wired and wireless interfaces, which can be configured in a number of ways to handle any small office/teleworker requirements. One SSID can be dedicated for employee access using 802.1X, for example, while another is used for guest access where devices are using a pre-shared key. Four 10/100 LAN ports are also configurable and can share a VLAN with a wireless SSID, as well as be protected by a Captive Web Portal or 802.1X.
The BR100 can be provisioned in several different ways, for maximum convenience and cost effectiveness. Organizations may choose to purchase the BR100 outright, and deploy/manage the devices as usual. Or the BR100 can be enabled via the innovative Branch on Demand. This subscription includes the BR100 support and a subscription to Aerohive’s HiveManager Online, for the ultimate in flexibility.
Since most of the traffic generated at branch or remote locations is destined for the Internet, Aerohive’s patent-pending Cloud Proxy automatically diverts that traffic through a cloud-based web security service, vastly reducing bandwidth costs by eliminating the need to route branch, remote office or mobile-user traffic back to a central location for filtering.
Features & Benefits
Layer 3 IPSec VPN
- Enables remote users to connect authenticated devices to corporate resources
- Eliminates the need for IPSec or SSL VPN software on each device
Wired/Wireless Access and Control
- Single centralized management console guarantees identical security, identity, and network access policy across wireless or wired ports
- Patent-pending Cloud Proxy automatically diverts Internet-bound HTTP traffic through cloud-based web security service
- Reduces bandwidth cost
Network Flow-based Stateful Firewall
- Enforces policy at the network level via a combination of user identity and very granular mobile device management.
- Access based on who they are and the type of device that they are using.
- One year subscription enables flexible deployment of branch routers without CAPEX